Trust & Security
Genuity Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Policy
Effective starting: June 1, 2022
To ensure that our products and services run smoothly, quickly, and without distraction, we at Genuity need your help. We need you, our customers, to behave appropriately and not abuse our products and services.
The guidelines of acceptable use are here to clarify exactly what we consider to be misuse or abuse. The Acceptable Use Policy is designed to assist us in identifying offences of this kind and responding appropriately. We reserve the right to remove content that is inconsistent with the spirit of the guidelines, even if it’s not specifically prohibited by the policy. If you do something that is not listed explicitly, but is similar to something listed here, we may still remove it.
Throughout this page, you will see the term “services” a lot. That refers to all websites owned or operated by Genuity, as well as any related websites, sub-domains, and pages, as well as any cloud services operated by Genuity.
We will not allow the following:
- It is forbidden to tamper with, reverse-engineer, or hack our services, bypass any security or authentication measures, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data.
- Attempting to compromise the security of our services by scanning, probing, or testing for vulnerabilities in any system or network that hosts them. Security assessments that are explicitly authorized by Genuity are not covered by this prohibition.
- Changing, disabling, or altering the services or related systems, network, or data to reduce their integrity or performance.
- Attempts to decipher any communications between the servers and the services.
- Trying to overload our infrastructure by pushing an excessively large load on our systems, consuming extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser is prohibited
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the services were designed
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else,
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats against others
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws)
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”)
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Genuity’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Genuity
- Disparaging Genuity or our partners, vendors, or affiliates
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Genuity’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, indecent, harassing, hateful
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials
- Is intended to be inflammatory
- Could otherwise cause damage to Genuity or any third party
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to Genuity or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Genuity may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Genuity (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.